users@grizzly.java.net

ProtocolParser Advice

From: John ROM <snake-john_at_gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 14:37:41 +0200

Hello,
I wrote my first ProtocolParser (-:

I've attached a Testcase with the Parser in it.

I would just like to have some Feedback?
You know maybe just get some hints if I'm doing the right thing!
Or are there better ways?

I really would appreciated any advice.

The CustomProtocol Parser (see attached Testcase) is supposed to parse a "12 bytes Header + Data" Protocol.

My usecase would be an Application where about 100 Clients connect concurrently to one Server. Each Client should only have one long lasting connection to the server.

In the attached Testcase I kept the Exception handling very simple (for example don't care about timeouts)

Many Greetings
John

--
249 Spiele für nur 1 Preis. Die GMX Spieleflatrate schon ab 9,90 Euro.
Neu: Asterix bei den Olympischen Spielen: http://flat.games.gmx.de