users@grizzly.java.net

RE: Comet data into the bit bucket

From: John C. Turnbull <ozemale_at_ozemail.com.au>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 05:56:29 +1100

Hi Jeanfrancois,

> Just in case, are you inside a firewall or a proxy? Can it be the proxy
> that close the connection (I suspect not).

[JCT] I am not inside a proxy/firewall so we can rule that out.

> From your CometHandler, invoking the
> HttpServletResponse.getWriter().write(...) succeed, right?

[JCT] Actually, I use a DataOutputStream as:

        DataOutputStream dos = new
DataOutputStream(response.getOutputStream());

and then use dos.write(...) to write the data. And, this call always
"succeeds".

> I guess you
> should install wireshark or ngrep to see if the bytes are sent
> properly.
> This way we will know if the client or server has problems.

[JCT] Yes, I guess it has come to that. I will do so and report back when I
have some results.

Thanks,

John