users@grizzly.java.net

Re: [Proposals] Rename jars file, release 1.7.0

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 10:53:37 -0500

Scott Oaks wrote:
>>> (2) Pending Scott proposal and Jruby/DoS issues we are currently
>>> discussing, I would like to cut 1.7.0 release tomorrow or Monday. We
>>> have added significant numbers of new features as an official release
>>> is probably required :-) Based on Ken proposal, I would like to jump
>>> from 1.6.1 to 1.7.0. I would then integrate 1.7.0 in a variety of
>>> products like GlassFish v3, Sailfin, Jersey, Jetty, etc. I will be on
>>> the road for the next two weeks and having an official release to
>>> demonstrate for the Grizzly's Javapolis talk will be nice :-)
>
> Given Kristoffer's comments (and pending info from Harsha), I think
> there are changes still to be made to the protocol parsing proposal. So
> I don't think that can be incorporated today or Monday -- but maybe you
> can rev anyway (keeping what's there) for Javapolis.

Thanks. But I think 1.7.0 deserve such improvement so let's delay the
release until next week (JavaPolis is from 12/10 to 12/14). I want to
make sure the DoS reported by Alan is fixed (because if there is an
issue, it means GlassFish next release have it as well :-(). I also want
to look at the Jruby issue Changshin is reporting because I'm giving a
talk at 'Paris on Rails' (http://paris.onrails.info/) on that extension
and want to make sure it works as it should :-)

Let's try to have something by the end of next week if possible.

-- Jeanfrancois