dev@grizzly.java.net

Grizzly Servlet Container: Update and Status

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 12:22:18 -0400

Salut,

wanted to gives an update on that project. Currently we are not allowed
to starts new project until things go back to normal internally :-). We
have discussed awhile ago about:

   * http://grizzly-servlet-container.dev.java.net

It is not a big problem as we can keep the work in Grizzly like it
always was.

Currently we do have significant activities with the development of this
component, and I would like to make sure we share the same goal and
continue to actively develop the baby monster :-)

What's missing to pass the 2.5 TCKs are:

   * Support for Request Dispatcher
     * http://is.gd/2LrUz
   * Support for Error Page
     * http://is.gd/2Lsmw
   * Support for Welcome File
     * http://is.gd/2Ls12
   * Support for Authentication
     * http://is.gd/2LssT
   * Support for annotation processing (deployer)
     * http://is.gd/2LsK1
   * Better Session support (quite basic right now, but works)

Hubert is working on refactoring the Deployer to allow WarAdapter
support, and Bongjae improved the Classloader implementation. We also
need to work on a high level API that allow pluggable deployer (should
be simple).

We should try to dispatch amongst us the workload (and see if external
users want to contribute as well). I would recommend we continue
developing those modules on 1.9.x, and port the work on 2.0.0 M4 later.

What peoples think? Anybody interested to contribute please ping me
directly at jfarcand at apache dot org and I will gives you commit
access to that module.

Thanks!!!

-- Jeanfrancois