dev@grizzly.java.net

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Hubert Iwaniuk as a Grizzly HTTP & OSGi/Maven commiter

From: Hubert Iwaniuk <neotyk_at_kungfoo.pl>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 22:51:20 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 5:18 PM, Jeanfrancois Arcand
<Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_sun.com> wrote:
> Salut,
> Great!! I would also like to add such support to the framework/http/servlet
> module where all the artifact get installed and new users just need to
> implement:
>
> (1) Framework -> ProtocolFilter
> (2) HTTP -> GrizzlyAdapter
> (3) Servlet -> ServletAdapter
>
> The idea would consist of creating empty/skeleton of those classes, and a
> main/launcher so people just have to write one class, compile and test
> easily. No need to write GrizzlyWebServer or bootstrap code. I suspect that
> will make working with Grizzly much more simple.

I actually think that having this skeleton type archetypes would be more
useful than converting samples to archetypes. This archetypes will help users
quickly get their hands on Grizzly and encourage to experiment.

> Does it makes sense?

It makes perfect sense, lack of this was holding me back from starting
to work with Monster sooner ;-)

Cheers,
   Hubert.