dev@grizzly.java.net

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Hubert Iwaniuk as a Grizzly HTTP & OSGi/Maven commiter

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 11:18:41 -0500

Salut,

Hubert Iwaniuk wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Thanks!
> I'l start from creating archetypes for samples, so our users will
> enjoy the ease of starting up with Grizzly :)

Great!! I would also like to add such support to the
framework/http/servlet module where all the artifact get installed and
new users just need to implement:

(1) Framework -> ProtocolFilter
(2) HTTP -> GrizzlyAdapter
(3) Servlet -> ServletAdapter

The idea would consist of creating empty/skeleton of those classes, and
a main/launcher so people just have to write one class, compile and test
  easily. No need to write GrizzlyWebServer or bootstrap code. I suspect
that will make working with Grizzly much more simple.

Does it makes sense?

A+

-- Jeanfrancois