dev@grizzly.java.net

Re: HttpServiceImpl

From: gustav trede <gustav.trede_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 18:43:04 +0100

2009/1/27 Hubert Iwaniuk <neotyk_at_kungfoo.pl>

> Hi,
> Find answers inline.
>
> On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 5:11 PM, gustav trede <gustav.trede_at_gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> Its the HttpServiceImpl.uregisterAllLocal() method on that takes cares
>> of that, and it has per definition all data it need internally.
>>

> This is only to unregister "local" registration. "local" in that context
> means all aliases registered by bundle that is using this instance of HSI.
> So far Activator.stop() has not been finished and this is place that I'm
> talking about, when our bundle (HttpService provider) is getting stopped.

its not up to the activator.stop() method to cleanup the bundles registered
services.
its the frameworks responsibility to do so after the the stop() is done.

Even if it was up to the activator.stop() to do so, its hardly by using
some non standard object mashup in the factory class..

how would you use that custom data set of servlets and stuff in the
HttpServiceFactory class ?

HttpServiceFactory only exits to allow for customization of the service
object on a per bundle basis,
and not to store all the service instances internal data in the belief that
the factory class should use it for some non standard cleanup.

--
regards
 gustav trede