dev@grizzly.java.net

Re: [HEADS-UP] OSGi problem with LTQ

From: Ken Cavanaugh <Ken.Cavanaugh_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 07:47:37 -0800

On Jan 21, 2009, at 2:44 AM, Oleksiy Stashok wrote:

> Think it's not OSGi problem, but we can not use sun internal
> packages at all.

As it turns out, the ORB also needs to use sun.misc.Unsafe, and it is
not possible
to work around this dependency (without using native code, which is
worse).
I think we need to make sure that Unsafe is exposed to the OSGi library.
I have a vague recollection that this is possible, so let's ask Sahoo.

Question for Sahoo: is there a way to configure Felix in GFv3 so that
sun.misc.Unsafe
(which is present in the Sun JDK, as well as many others) is exported
from the
JDK to all OSGi bundles? This is essential for CORBA, as the ORB
cannot run
without access to Unsafe.

Thanks,

Ken.