dev@grizzly.java.net

[heads up] New module: grizzly-compat

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 21:50:17 -0400

Hi,

in order to keep Grizzly 1.0.x happy, I've added a new modules called
grizzly-compat where I've started adding API that was supported in
Grizzly 1.0, but no longer available in 1.5 and up.

The first one is Comet. Since we have renamed:

com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.comet

com.sun.grizzly.comet

and since the former was a public API, all Comet applications that works
for 1.0 aren't working in 1.5 and up.

Now that's the only I came with. If you have a better idea, please let
me know. I propose we use the grizzly-compat module every time an API
changes, and we thinks we should still supports it.

Note that all the classes I've added are deprecated.

Thanks

-- Jeanfrancois

P.S Any GlassFish v2 Comet apps now work in v3 :-)