dev@grizzly.java.net

[Cometd] Re: fix on publish response

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 12:04:38 -0500

Shing-Wai.Chan_at_Sun.COM wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to propose the attached fixes.
> In current impl, the publish response is not sent correctly.
> In particular, there is no successful field and is an extra data field.
> Need to move the data field to a deliver response message.
>
> Summary of my changes:
> - change onData in BayeuxHandler to onPublish
> - change the code to parse and write multiple Bayeux requests/responses
> - change event handling for notify all verb rather than just one verb
>
> Besides modifying existing files, four files are added: Publish.java,
> PublishRequest.java, PublishResponse.java, DeliverResponse.java
>
> Please let me know your opinion.

That looks good :-) This is interesting as DOJO doesn't seems to have
suffered the missing 'successful' field, and allow the extra data field.
I would have think the response would have been rejected by the client.

Just to make sure, you tested your change using the chat demo, right?
This is something we need to improve...needs more tests, and more blogs
:-) :-)

I will go ahead an apply your fix. Anybody using cometd, please make
sure nothing is broken :-)

Great work!

-- Jeanfrancois