dev@grizzly.java.net

[Vote] Next Release: documentation only release

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 14:28:25 -0500

Hi,

I would like to propose for our next release, 1.7.1 (or 1.8.0)

+ The main release driver should be documentation.
+ Only bugs fixes should be allowed to be committed

For new development, we should have a branch where all the new stuff can
be added. Once the documentation release is done, we would merge back
the branch. But for now I would really like to have the next release:

+ voted as stable
+ documentation improved (whatever time it takes :-))

Now we need to define what we want for the documentation. For sure I
want to go class by class and improve the docs, then I would like to
have small set of tutorials on:

+ Basic server-side Controller example using UDP
+ Basic server-side Controller example using TCP
+ Basic server-side Controller example using TLS
+ Basic server-side Controller example using TCP/UDP/TLS
+ Basic client-side Controller example using UDP
+ Basic client-side Controller example using TCP
+ Basic client-side Controller example using TLS
+ Basic client-side Controller example using TCP/UDP/TLS
+ Basic AsyncReadQueue example using TCP/UDP
+ Basic AsyncWriteQueue example using TCP/UDP
+ Examples on how to use multi-Selector in SelectorHandler
+ Examples on how to use Context attributes among ProtocolFilter

+ Basic HTTP example (how to write an Adapter for HTTP)
+ Basic Comet example
+ Embedding the HTTP Web Server

That doesn't need to be a novel :-) Just something like Scott did yesterday:

http://weblogs.java.net/blog/sdo/archive/2007/12/grizzly_protoco.html

Please add what you would like to see using that thread. I'm will them
move it to our wiki on sun.com (if it gets created before the end of the
  year).

Thanks

-- Jeanfrancois

My vote: +1 on a documentation release only!!!