dev@grizzly.java.net

Re: Instructions how to start new sub-project for RTP using Grizzly

From: krishna kalluri <kalluriin_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 09:10:26 -0800 (PST)
Hi,
I would propose this to be part of jvoicebridge.

As Kristoffer suggested in another mail thread sailfin should access the jvoicebridge with JSR 309 API.

I think its better to keep sailfin and jvoicebridge as separate components. sailfin handles the control plane and jvoicebridge handles the media plane.

The real flexible option is
1) sailfin can use the JSR 309 API to invoke the media services. I hope JSR 309 API is enough to provide the required functionality
2) JSR 309 can use MSCML (in short term) and IETF mediactrl SIP control framework in long term
3) On the media server side MSCML (or mediactrl ) + jvoicebridge can provides the media functionality.

With this architecture the media and control parts are separated with flexible interfaces and it can be deployed in any combination. For example
1) sailfin and  jvoicebridge (media server) on the same node still sailfinor
2) for scalability reasons sailfin on one node which is acting like a SIP application server and which can control several Media servers  (jvoicebridge).

Regards
/Krishna