dev@grizzly.java.net

Re: Re: RTP, RTCP, RTCP XR, Symmetric RTP, SDP, SRTP, MGCP, etc.

From: Miroslav Nachev <miro_at_space-comm.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2007 17:43:09 +0200

Hi,

Is Grizzly project used by JVoiceBridge?

Yes, Conference, VoiceMail, IVR, are good modules, but they will not work if
there is not some IP PBX.
Also the above modules will need of some Multi-Media Transcoder (MMT) which
to transcode one Voice codec (G.711, G.729, G.723, Speex, etc.) to linear or
another useful format and vice versa. The other important task of this
transcoder is to detect/generate DTMF, Fax signal, etc. and to notify the
interested parties. Fax send/receive also is good feature.
Good feature is if this MMT can support Video codecs. Then conferencing can
be realized outside MMT or inside.
Another modules (Interfaces, Abstract Classes, API) which can be envisaged
are PSTN/GSM Gateways and similar.

I think that all these ideas are good for GlassFish v3 where everything is
realized as modules. Then together with some CRM module this will be the top
open source IP PBX in the world.

If the above ideas are realized this will help to GlassFish to be more
popular.
The business model can be:
1. License: GPL v2
2. Marketing: will be together with GlassFish (Sun AS), NetBeans, etc.
3. The income will be from:
- Consultations;
- Enhancements and new futures;
- Integration together with existing systems and products;
- Turn-key solutions and products;
- Maintenance and Support.

Regards,
Miro.