dev@grizzly.java.net

project grizzly meeting minutes

From: charlie hunt <huntch_at_dev.java.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 04:21:03 -0600

> Agenda:
> Scott Oaks ProtocolParser proposal

Generally everyone likes Scott's proposal. Harsha has taken an action
item to evaluate and attempt a migration of his existing implementation
of ProtocolParser to Scott's proposed API. We expect to hear back from
Harsha early next week.

Outside the meeting I also asked Jeanfrancois if he would consider also
migrating grizzly-rcm's ResourceAllocationFilter.java to use Scott's
proposed interface. He may not be able to get to it very quickly since
he's traveling this week and next week.

We will delay release of Grizzly 1.7 until we hear back from Harsha on
his experience in migrating to Scott's proposed API.

> Release of Grizzly 1.7

We will wait til we hear back from Harsha on his experience on migrating
to Scott's proposed API.

> Handling of exception conditions on a connection

Glassfish CORBA has a need to know when something has happened to a
socket connection so that it can take appropriate action to clean up
outstanding or partial requests and to invoke retry logic. Harsha is
working on a resolution.

charlie ...