webtier@glassfish.java.net

Mojarra JSF 2.1.x servlet requirement or dependency

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 13:29:39 -0600 (CST)

Can anyone tell me how to reconcile this information?

http://javaserverfaces.java.net/nonav/rlnotes/2.1.0/releasenotes.html [1]

says that JSF (Mojarra) 2.1 series depends on a servlet 3.0 container.

But
http://download.java.net/maven/2/com/sun/faces/jsf-api/2.1.2/jsf-api-2.1.2.pom
[2],

the maven config for JSF (Mojarra) 2.1 (2.1.2, in this case), shows a
dependency on a servlet 2.5 container

We currently have a sandbox environment set up with a stack that can only
provide servlet 2.5, and it seems to be working, with some occasional
hiccups. Are we in for surprises down the line, or is the official
requirement or dependency different than the actual dependency? In other
words, is a stack with servlet 2.5 really sufficient for including JSF 2.1.x?

Thanks,

Josh

[1] http://javaserverfaces.java.net/nonav/rlnotes/2.1.0/releasenotes.html
[2]