webtier@glassfish.java.net

Re: [webtier] com.sun.rave.web.ui in XHTML the namespace can not be found

From: Joel Weight <digitaljoel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 15:32:02 -0600

We recently began the migration from 1.2 to 2.0 hoping to take much the same
approach. We thought it would be fairly simple, but it has ended up being a
rather large investment. We were using quipukit (now open faces) and
tomahawk, neither of which officially work in JSF 2.0. I'm surprised you
are going to use RichFaces. Are you using 4.0 alpha?

I can't say anything about com.sun.rave.web.ui stuff, but I will say that
primefaces is the only component library we have found so far that works
(except for the upload control).

We also had major problems where we had been using ui:composition for
reusable components. We had to change almost all of those to composite
components because the compositions weren't behaving the same in 2.0 as they
did in 1.2.

I wish you luck in your migration, and hope it goes smoother than ours has
been so far.
Joel