webtier@glassfish.java.net

Re: [webtier] Can someone find a recent article that praises JSF?

From: <webtier_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 05 May 2010 01:09:52 PDT

As a matter of fact, in contrast to 2009, it's pretty hard to find something online that has been published lately (i.e., in 2010) evangelizing Java Server Faces 2.0 (or condemning it).
Bloggers in this area presently seem to be consumed with providing introductions or explaining how to do certain things with JSF 2, but like Arun I am missing articles that point out the actual strenghts of JSF on a general level.

There are a lot of articles out there explaining why JEE 6 is such a wonderful piece of cake, but none so for JSF 2.
I wonder why; actually, I don't think it's due to the fact that JSF 2 is considered bad (quite the contrary, according to my experience).

What's the matter with all the Sun/Oracle evangelists?
[Message sent by forum member 'mpscholz']