webtier@glassfish.java.net

Re: [webtier] JSF 2.1 discussion

From: Ed Burns <Ed.Burns_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 09:46:41 -0700

JD> I should add: I'd love to have more actual users involved in the
JD> discussion of future features, please do join in as much as possible.
JD> I'm not sure about the read-only nature of the 314-open list - I may be
JD> wrong. If I'm right about it being read only, and you have specific
JD> suggestions, file a spec bug/rfe, and mail here, and I'll see to it that
JD> your points are heard on the list.

The protocol some members of the EG and I agreed to at JavaOne,
including Dan Allen, is the following.

1. jsr-314-open_at_jcp.org is read only to non-EG members. Non-EG members
can earn they way in at the discretion of the EG.

2. Feedback should be sent to jsr-314-comments_at_jcp.org. This list is
moderated by one of the EG members, in a rotating fashion. Currently
this is being done by Dan Allen. The moderator will pass along content
to jsr-314-open_at_jcp.org at his or her discretion.

As usual, anyone can apply to be on the EG once they join the JCP, but
we scrutinize membership carefully, especially for individual
JCP members. Organizational EG members have a little more weight.

AS you all know, this list here, webtier_at_glassfish.dev.java.net, is open
for anyone, so let's hear what ya'll think.

Ed