webtier@glassfish.java.net

Re: How to avoid _at_PostConstruct on page Faces beans during postback?

From: <webtier_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 11:36:45 PDT

> 1) <t:aliasBean> reference in RESTORE_VIEW phase

For this case it looks like t:aliasBean, when restoring its state, will evaluate the bean expression.

> 2) <h:component renrered> reference in APPLY_REQUEST_VALUES phase

The rendered attribute has to be evaluated in order to determine whether or
not the component should be decoded.

So this leads back to my original suggestion. Partition your beans such that those
with expensive logic aren't referenced in attributes that will be evaluated at several
points in the lifecycle such as the 'rendered' attribute. It seems the same holds true
for those that are referenced by t:aliasBean due to how it restores state.
[Message sent by forum member 'rlubke' (rlubke)]