webtier@glassfish.java.net

Re: How to avoid _at_PostConstruct on page Faces beans during postback?

From: <webtier_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 11:54:21 PDT

Hi Ryan,
I understand the rendered attributed *is* "evaluated in order to determine whether or not the component should be decoded" and *has* to on a standard form submit.
I also understand the workaround you suggest.
My question was: is it really necessary in my use case for rendered attributes to be evaluated since there's no inputs and the action is on a different bean.
In other words, is this a valid RFE to optimize this use case?
Thanks,
[Message sent by forum member 'bouteill' (bouteill)]