webtier@glassfish.java.net

Re: [webtier] JEE6 - WebProfile - JSP for what?

From: Jim Driscoll <Jim.Driscoll_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 10:20:24 -0700

Because there's a lot of sites out there that already use JSPs. Should
they have to rewrite every page in their site to use the Web Profile?
More likely would be that they simply wouldn't adopt the Web Profile.

In general, Java keeps backward compatibility in every way possible, and
our customers tell us, mostly, that that's what they want. They
complain, sometimes, that we keep around old APIs they don't like, but
the suggestion that an old API they use be removed is met with deserved
horror.

Jim