webtier@glassfish.java.net

JEE6 - WebProfile - JSP for what?

From: <webtier_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 09:39:34 PDT

I was reading the specs of the WebProfile, and looked at the tecnologies that compose it.

• Servlet 3.0
[b]• JavaServer Pages (JSP) 2.2[/b]
• Expression Language (EL) 2.2
• Debugging Support for Other Languages (JSR-45) 1.0
• Standard Tag Library for JavaServer Pages (JSTL) 1.2
• JavaServer Faces (JSF) 2.0
• Common Annotations for Java Platform (JSR-250) 1.1
• Enterprise JavaBeans (EJB) 3.1 Lite
• Java Transaction API (JTA) 1.1
• Java Persistence API (JPA) 2.0

Sorry if it is a really dumb question but... I thought that JSPs are "cientifically" comproved as worse-than-facelets in every situation. Even JSF2 have built-in facelet support. So if the JSF2 is in the WebProfile and have with it the facelets support, why do we have the JSPs in the profile too?

Israel
[Message sent by forum member 'israelbgf' (israelbgf)]