users@glassfish.java.net

[gf-users] Re: Glassfish Server Open Source Version

From: andreas <andreas_at_junius.info>
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2016 10:30:59 +0930

The Glassfish project is certainly in the wrong hands with Oracle - they don't need to declare it dead, it is already dead as a doornail. Someone on this list mentioned recently that Oracle started to add release candidates to the servers library which is really a bad idea if one wants to use the server in production. And I have been using GF in production for more than six years. What's the point of a server that can be used only for development?
I don't know the Payara guys and what their view may be, but I would love to see the Glassfish project managed by Apache. It would be very sad to see this server die (I actually considered switching to TomEE as a former Tomcat user but porting all my stuff is a lot of work and not everything might work as it is). This whole issue sucks!

Andy

---- On Fri, 01 Apr 2016 00:35:53 +0930 Markus Karg wrote ----