users@glassfish.java.net

[gf-users] Re: Glassfish Server Open Source Version

From: reza_rahman <reza_rahman_at_lycos.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 21:53:38 -0400

If you want to have a chat with the Payara guys I am happy to connect you or anyone else.
With so many of us coming together and pitching in from the community there is now no doubt we will move both the Java EE and GlassFish communities forward - with or without Oracle's help.
We all still believe in the JCP and would like to do this through the JCP but I don't think we are bound by it if the worst comes to pass.
I would invite anyone to join our nascent Java EE Guardians initiative and help resolve this situation for the entire Java and Java EE ecosystem.
-------- Original message --------From: andreas <andreas_at_junius.info> Date: 3/31/16 9:00 PM (GMT-05:00) To: users_at_glassfish.java.net Subject: [gf-users] Re: Glassfish Server Open Source Version
The Glassfish project is certainly in the wrong hands with Oracle - they don't need to declare it dead, it is already dead as a doornail. Someone on this list mentioned recently that Oracle started to add release candidates to the servers library which is really a bad idea if one wants to use the server in production. And I have been using GF in production for more than six years. What's the point of a server that can be used only for development?
I don't know the Payara guys and what their view may be, but I would love to see the Glassfish project managed by Apache. It would be very sad to see this server die (I actually considered switching to TomEE as a former Tomcat user but porting all my stuff is a lot of work and not everything might work as it is). This whole issue sucks!

Andy

---- On Fri, 01 Apr 2016 00:35:53 +0930 Markus Karg  wrote ----