users@glassfish.java.net

[gf-users] Re: GlassFish 4.1.1 is now available

From: Yannick Majoros <yannick.majoros_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2015 06:24:29 +0000

Hi Mladen,

I don't know if your comment is aimed at mine.

Glassfish is great and I've been using it for years in production.

Still, there is always room for improvement, and the user mailing list is
the right place in my opinion to share thoughts about things that can be
better. Criticism is a way to improve.

I'm quite confident that GF engineers choose the best EL version at the
time they did it (but did they intend to leave it like this in the final
version ?). I'm also quite confident that a final version number would make
a better sell point.

This is probably more about marketing or politics than real quality. Overall,
I'm a happy GF user and I really don't want to switch.

Cheers,

Yannick

Yannick Majoros