users@glassfish.java.net

[gf-users] Re: Glassfish 4.0 b89 Durable Subscriptions

From: Amy Kang <amy.kang_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2015 10:13:26 -0800

>I am running GF 4.0b89 in a cluster with 2 instances. I am trying to setup a Durable Subscription that previously worked under GF 2.1.1.
>we have not been able to get this MDB to successfully establish a Durable Shared Subscription to the topic under GF 3.1.2.2, GF 4.0 build 8.9 or GF 4.1 Build 13.

I suspect you might be using REMOTE mode jms-service for it sounds like GlassFish bug 19568699 -SHARED SUBSCRIPTIONS NOT WORKING WITH MDB TOPIC DURABLE SUBSCRIBERS* *

which happens to REMOTE jms-service mode since 3.x but works in 2.1.1. The bug is introduced in GlassFish 3.x. 19568699 status says it's fixed in GlassFish/3.1.2.10/. If that's the case and you have to use open source GlassFish, you may want to file a bug to GlassFish 4.1 and have the fix forward ported to GlassFish 4.x

amy