users@glassfish.java.net

[gf-users] Re: glassfish4 - dcom node - run glassfish as specific user

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2014 13:10:22 -0500 (CDT)

Thanks for the reply. I was actually updating my last post to list all the
steps I took, but it somehow expired my update. I noticed your reply in the
mean time. Yes my steps do include getting full access to the reg keys. Here
is what I have done: (DCOM setup info from Page # 2-4:)
https://glassfish.java.net/docs/4.0/ha-administration-guide.pdf But once the
Validate-dcom command was used, I get the following: ... asadmin>
validate-dcom myhost --passwordfile file remote failure: Successfully
verified that the host, myhost, is not the local machine as required.
Successfully resolved host name to: /myhost Successfully connected to DCOM
Port at port 135 on host myhost. Successfully connected to NetBIOS Session
Service at port 139 on host myhost. Successfully connected to Windows Shares
at port 445 on host myhost. Can not access the remote file system. Is UAC on?
: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. Command validate-dcom
failed. .. The closest relevant guidance at this point was:
https://blogs.oracle.com/foo/entry/clustering_in_glassfish_with_dcom But even
after doing everything this article suggested, I still get the same "...Is
UAC on? : Logon failure...." (Been grappling with this issue for about a week
now). Thank you.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'sujava']