users@glassfish.java.net

[gf-users] Re: glassfish4 - dcom node - run glassfish as specific user

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2014 13:04:54 -0500 (CDT)

Thanks for the reply. I was actually updating my last post to list all the
steps I took, but it somehow expired my update. I notice your reply in the
mean time. Yes my steps do include getting full access to the reg keys. Here
is what I have done: (DCOM setup info from Page # 2-4:)
https://glassfish.java.net/docs/4.0/ha-administration-guide.pdf But once the
Validate-dcom command was used, I get the following: [ asadmin> validate-dcom
--passwordfile file remote failure: Successfully verified that the host, , is
not the lo cal machine as required. Successfully resolved host name to: /
Successfully connected to DCOM Port at port 135 on host . Successfully
connected to NetBIOS Session Service at port 139 on host . Successfully
connected to Windows Shares at port 445 on host . Can not access the remote
file system. Is UAC on? : Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.
Command validate-dcom failed. asadmin> ] The closest relevant guidance at
this point was:
https://blogs.oracle.com/foo/entry/clustering_in_glassfish_with_dcom But even
after doing everything this article suggested, I still get the same "...Is
UAC on? : Logon failure...." (Been grappling with this issue for about a week
now). Thank you.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'sujava']