users@glassfish.java.net

[gf-users] Please Join FishCAT, GlassFish 4.0.1 Community Acceptance Testing

From: Reza Rahman <Reza.Rahman_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 19:10:44 -0400

Folks,

As many of you may already be aware, the GlassFish team has been
diligently working on the upcoming 4.0.1 release. The overall goals of
GlassFish 4.0.1 is very specific and focused:

* JDK 8 certification.
* Fixing high priority bugs, especially potential Java EE 7
compatibility gaps.
* Hardening security and fixing security bugs.
* Incorporating updates to all GlassFish components such as Mojarra,
Jersey, Grizzly, OpenMQ, HK2, EclipseLink, JAXB, Weld and so on. These
updates contain mostly bug fixes and some new features.

Many of you may also be aware of FishCAT. It stands for the GlassFish
Community Acceptance Testing program. Through the program community
members can help test early builds of GlassFish before the final
release. Contributing to GlassFish through the FishCAT program is one of
the easiest, most valuable and most effective ways in helping the Java
EE and GlassFish communities move forward.

We are now launching FishCAT for GlassFish 4.0.1. You can find the
details on FishCAT for GlassFish 4.0.1 here:
https://glassfish.java.net/fishcat/.

The voice of the community has always been important to us and we need
your help. Please do consider donating some of your time to the FishCAT
program.

Cheers,
Reza Rahman | Java EE Evangelist
Cell: 267-798-9331