users@glassfish.java.net

[gf-users] Re: [3.1.2.2] Protecting from 404 during startup

From: Steven Siebert <smsiebe_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2014 19:29:28 -0400

A terrible thought popped into my head that would probably be simple
to implement:

create/modify the GF startup script you use to first disables the HTTP
network listeners you don't want running (ie keep the admin listener
port up if you use it) in the domain.xml file by adding/changing the
<network-listener> enabled attribute to "false". Then start normally.
 You wouldn't need to worry about graceful/unscheduled shutdowns
because you would first change the attribute before starting up every
time. Then, after startup is complete, you can use the asadmin
command to enable the network listeners.