users@glassfish.java.net

Re: security for remote users

From: Kevin Schmidt <ktschmidt_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 21:04:07 -0700

The simplest approach would be to use container based security, configure
your application to use the file realm for users, and give the remote admin
access to the GlassFish Admin Console so they can manage users in the file
realm.

A more robust approach would be to use a database to store the users and
use the JDBC realm and configure your application to use it. You would
need to implement as part of your application the user management though
that would add users to the database. You can search for examples, but
here is the first one I came across:
http://blog.eisele.net/2013/01/jdbc-realm-glassfish312-primefaces342.html