users@glassfish.java.net

Using an HTTP Client from within Java EE application

From: Jan Algermissen <jan.algermissen_at_nordsc.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 17:01:09 +0200

Hi,

sorry, I guess I am not the first one to ask this, but searching really does not turn up anything useful for me so far.

In the application In develop, I need to make outgoing HTTP requests. Given I should neither manage HTTP connections nor associated threads myself in an EE container, I wonder

- whether Glassfish maybe comes with the appropriate JCA connector to do this already?

- what other's do (besides ignoring the spec and simply firing up an Apache HTTP client withit's own thread pool)?

Jan