users@glassfish.java.net

Re: gf 3.1.2 hanging, NPE during jstack

From: Ryan Lubke <ryan.lubke_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 09:59:20 -0700

Hey Bobby,

Take this with a grain of salt. From what I've read, you may see that
NPE when attaching to a JVM that has exhausted the heap.
You state you ran jstack against both hung instances with the same
result and that when you restarted the first time, it immediately hung
again.
Are you 100% certain all processes from the first instance were down and
you didn't re-attach to those? Seems really odd that the server
would just hang immediately after a restart with the same NPE. Just a
sanity check :)