users@glassfish.java.net

GFv4, WebSockets sample app

From: Kristian Rink <kr_at_zimmer428.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 11:08:48 +0200

Folks;

not sure whether it's Glassfish or just me: Downloaded the
NetBeans+GFv4 bundle. Followed Aruns pretty good write-up / chat
tutorial [1]. Built. Deployed. Outcome: It's "not working". Not much
more. App deploys, but I neither see any evidence that WebSocket
support is there, nor does the chat application work. It mainly ends up
with a "can't connect to ws://localhost:8080/...".

Found this command...

[...]
asadmin set
configs.config.server-config.network-config.protocols.protocol.http-listener-1.http.websockets-support-enabled=true

Command set executed successfully
[...]

... somewhere on the 'net, which seems to successfully do "something"
yet it doesn't change much about the result.

Is there anything I should know about that? Anything I can do to at
least track down what's happening here?

TIA and all the best,
Kristian

[1]https://blogs.oracle.com/arungupta/entry/websocket_applications_using_java_jsr