users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Bug: GlassFish 3.1.2.2 closes connection during SSL handshake

From: Rolf Krahl <rolf.krahl_at_helmholtz-berlin.de>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 10:52:53 +0200

Ryan,

Am Dienstag, 4. Juni 2013, 13:09:59 schrieb Ryan Lubke:
> Please see:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openjdk-6/+bug/1006776
>
> While the issue report is against ubuntu, I think the OS, in this case,
> is irrelevant. The details in the issue
> seem to be inline with what you've reported. There is a workaround
> included.

Yes, this seem to be the same issue. The suggested workaround
(disabling sun.security.pkcs11.SunPKCS11 and thus elliptic curves at
the server side) fixes the connection problem.

Thanks for digging this out!

Just for the records: As suggested yesterday, openSUSE 12.2 with (the
default) openjdk 1.7.0.6 is also affected. The workaround works in
the same way. The file that need to be edited here is
/usr/lib64/jvm/java-1.7.0-openjdk-1.7.0/jre/lib/security/java.security.

Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie GmbH

Mitglied der Hermann von Helmholtz-Gemeinschaft Deutscher Forschungszentren e.V.

Aufsichtsrat: Vorsitzender Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Joachim Treusch, stv. Vorsitzende Dr. Beatrix Vierkorn-Rudolph
Geschäftsführung: Prof. Dr. Anke Rita Kaysser-Pyzalla, Thomas Frederking

Sitz Berlin, AG Charlottenburg, 89 HRB 5583

Postadresse:
Hahn-Meitner-Platz 1
D-14109 Berlin

http://www.helmholtz-berlin.de