users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JDBCRealm package changed

From: Tom Mueller <Tom.Mueller_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 10:34:55 -0500

On 5/20/13 10:16 AM, Hildeberto Mendonça wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was trying to deploy a JavaEE 6 app (github.com/htmfilho/yougi
> <http://github.com/htmfilho/yougi>) on Glassfish 4 and I noticed that
> the package of the JDBCRealm has changed
> from com.sun.enterprise.security.auth.realm.jdbc.JDBCRealm
> to com.sun.enterprise.security.ee.auth.realm.jdbc.JDBCRealm. If you
> don't look at it carefully you won't notice the difference, but there
> is an additional "ee" there. I got a "ClassNotFouldException" during
> the deployment because of that.
>
> Considering that "ee" means "Enterprise Edition", then I see an
> ambiguity there because there is already a "enterprise" there. Do we
> really need this "ee"?
>
> I noticed that only PamRealm and JDBCRealm are in this new package.
> Others like LDAPRealm, CertificateRealm, FileRealm and SolarisRealm
> didn't change. Why?
GlassFish 4 includes changes to provide better modularization between
the non-Java EE parts of the server (now identified as "nucleus") and
the appserver parts. There use to be a single "security" module which
has now been divided into the nucleus part (nucleus/security/core) and
the app server part (appserver/security/core-ee). The JDBCRealm class
is now in the latter module, which is why the extra "ee" was added to
the Java package name.

Tom