users@glassfish.java.net

JDBCRealm package changed

From: Hildeberto Mendonça <me_at_hildeberto.com>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 17:16:30 +0200

Hi,

I was trying to deploy a JavaEE 6 app (github.com/htmfilho/yougi) on
Glassfish 4 and I noticed that the package of the JDBCRealm has changed
from com.sun.enterprise.security.auth.realm.jdbc.JDBCRealm
to com.sun.enterprise.security.ee.auth.realm.jdbc.JDBCRealm. If you don't
look at it carefully you won't notice the difference, but there is an
additional "ee" there. I got a "ClassNotFouldException" during the
deployment because of that.

Considering that "ee" means "Enterprise Edition", then I see an ambiguity
there because there is already a "enterprise" there. Do we really need this
"ee"?

I noticed that only PamRealm and JDBCRealm are in this new package. Others
like LDAPRealm, CertificateRealm, FileRealm and SolarisRealm didn't change.
Why?

Thanks in advance!

--
Hildeberto Mendonça, Ph.D