users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Easiest way to distribute JMS messages in a Glassfish ...

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 11:13:26 -0600 (CST)

So your application has two parts * a Job Generator which receives HTTP
requests and generates JMS messages. I presume this is some kind of
servlet-based web application. * multiple Job Executors (MDBs) which process
those messages Are you trying to distribute the work of the Job Generator or
the work of the Job Executors? If you want to distribute the work of the Job
Generator then you need to ensure that HTTP requests are sent evenly to all
the GlassFish instances in the cluster. That sounds like the work of a HTTP
load balancer. If you want to distribute the work of the Job Executors then
you shouldn't need to do anything. If you're using GlassFish's built-in JMS
then each Job Generator will send the messages to the Glassfish instance's
local JMS store. The MDB will then receive messages from anywhere in the
cluster, with a preference for the local instance (I'm simplifying). So if
the HTTP requests are balanced the messages will be balanced too. Nigel

--
[Message sent by forum member 'nigeldeakin']