users@glassfish.java.net

Easiest way to distribute JMS messages in a Glassfish cluster?

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 03:04:55 -0600 (CST)

Hello, we have some kind of "batch application" on a Glassfish 2.1 server.
This application receives HTTP "job requests" in a module called "Job
Generator". Based on this requests "Job Generator" generates a big number of
JMS messages which are then processed by Message Driven Bean instances,
called "Job Executors". To improve performance we want to use a clustered
environment with 2 or more machines. How do we configure the JMS system that
we can use an Apache loadbalancer to send HTTP requests to one of the machine
in the cluster ensure that the messages can be read / processed by each
cluster member, not only the cluster member the request was sent to? We try
to avoid to use an external Queue system like MQ series. Hints are warmly
welcomed.... Chris

--
[Message sent by forum member 'Plattfuss']