users@glassfish.java.net

Error when starting a remote instance. CLI802 Synchronization failed for

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 15:17:21 -0500 (CDT)

Hi all, I'm fairly new to Glassfish, and I'm working on setting up a high
availability proof-of-concept running Liferay on a Glassfish cluster. I've
had no problems with one instance, and have moved on to setting up a
Glassfish cluster. I've been following the following guides, and have run
into some issues: http://glassfish.java.net/public/clustering31.html
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E18930_01/html/821-2426/docinfo.html#scrolltoc I
have created the nodes (one local, one remote), cluster, and instances (also
one local, one remote). When I attmept to start the instances, the local
instance starts fine, but the remote instance fails with the error in the
title. If I try to start that instance locally by logging in to the remote
host, I get the following error: CLI802 Synchronization failed for directory
config, caused by: remote failure: Unknown server instance:
liferayNode3-instance1 Command start-local-instance failed. During the
previous setup steps I created the nodes in the web interface, and set them
up with password authentication for SSH. Not sure if this could be related or
not. If I check my /nodes// directory, a folder has been created for the
instance, but it is empty. Running asadmin list-instances shows the instance
when I run it on the local machine, but not the remote one. I hope someone
can point me in the right direction. Here is the complete error message I
received: Could not start instance liferayNode2-instance1 on node
liferayNode2 (10.0.24.249). Command failed on node liferayNode2
(10.0.24.249): Previous synchronization failed at Mar 20, 2013 2:39:14 PM
Will perform full synchronization. Removing all cached state for instance
liferayNode2-instance1. Command start-local-instance failed. CLI802
Synchronization failed for directory config, caused by: Authentication failed
for user: null (Usually, this means invalid user name and/or password) To
complete this operation run the following command locally on host 10.0.24.249
from the GlassFish install location /opt/liferay-portal-6.1.20-ee-ga2:
bin/asadmin start-local-instance --node liferayNode2 --sync normal
liferayNode2-instance1

--
[Message sent by forum member 'DaveFTech']