users@glassfish.java.net

glassfish CLIENT-CERT authentication

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 22:47:16 -0600 (CST)

Hi all, I'd like to ask a quick question on CLIENT-CERT mutual
authentication. Sorry if this has been asked already. Namely I have a demo
REST web application created in Netbeans 7 IDE that uses certificate realm
authentication. Applications seems to be working fine with self-signed
certificates and JMeter as a client. What I'm confused about is that
Glassfish server seems to ignore value (a line from keytool -printcert)
defined in the sun-web.xml and accepts any request from JMeter client
regardless of the values in the X509 certificate as long as the client's root
certificate is specified in the GF cacerts. In my particular case GF server's
cert and JMeter client's cert are both signed by the same self-signed root
certificate. CN=Joe,OU=Management,C=XY So the question is how to have JEE
auth mechanism acknowledge the definition. Thanks.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'cnsprtr']