users@glassfish.java.net

Re: restart-domain executes eclipselink.ddl-generation setting

From: Bobby Bissett <bbissett_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 10:27:10 -0500

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 4:41 PM, Mitesh Meswani
<mitesh.meswani_at_oracle.com> wrote:

>><property name="eclipselink.ddl-generation.output-mode" value="database"/>
>
> Above property directs eclipselink to do java2db directly to database at
> every EMF creation; thus, at restart a drop happens. Remove the property
> from you PU.

Ah, thanks. Yes, we're creating the EMF at startup in a class that
isn't container managed with:

Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory("PCSConsolePU");

So that explains the whole thing. Thanks for your help everyone.

(Since I prefer starting from schema instead of generating it, I never
really cared much what the properties were for, heh.)

Cheers,
Bobby