users@glassfish.java.net

GlassFish TM (JCA / XA) questions

From: Bryan Varner <bvarner_at_polarislabs.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 13:57:59 -0500

To anyone who can help me out here....

I'm debugging some issues with the (I know, not officially supported)
PostgreSQL XA implementation and GlassFish, and I have some questions
regarding the behavior of the GlassFish TM.

1.) Does it attempt interleaving? (suspend / resume) So far, I've not
observed any problems there.

2.) How does it synchronize threads attempting to do work on behalf of a
single TX branch? I believe I'm seeing race conditions amongst threads
invoking start() and end() on XAResource in the postgres implementation
(which is, apparently, at this time, not thread safe). [0]

I have an interest in helping resolve the deficiencies in the PG driver,
and would be happy to help / work with anyone else whom may have that
same desire. Ultimately, what would be required of the PG XA Resource
implementation to be included as a 'supported' configuration [1] for
GlassFish JDBC drivers?

Regards,
-Bryan Varner

[0]