users@glassfish.java.net

Re: restart-domain executes eclipselink.ddl-generation setting

From: Bobby Bissett <bbissett_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 16:23:27 -0500

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 4:15 PM, Marina Vatkina
<marina.vatkina_at_oracle.com> wrote:
> Is it by any chance an OSGi bundle? If it is, it's not reladed - it's
> redeployed every time (at least it was).

Nope, just a war file. I deploy it remotely with "asadmin deploy
foo/bar.war" -- this is GF version 3.1.2.2 in case I didn't mention
that.

FWIW, if I edit
domain1/applications/PPCDConsole/WEB-INF/classes/META-INF/persistence.xml
and change the ddl-generation to "create-tables" and restart the
domain, I see all the normal "relation already exists" errors during
startup. I usually comment out that whole prop after initial
deployment, which is why I've never noticed this before.

Then that one day I just happened to restart the domain before
redeploying with no generation.....

Thanks,
Bobby