users@glassfish.java.net

Re: 404 on pkg repository

From: Snjezana Sevo-Zenzerovic <snjezana.sevozenzerovic_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 07:10:28 -0800 (PST)

This is strange - there should be another level denoting OS type between those two slashes, in your case this:

http://pkg.glassfish.org/v3/stable/windows/catalog/0

I believe that stripping one slash brings you back to the base repository URL, but that one then redirects to SunOS content repository, although it should not matter in the case of hibernate package which is platform independent.

If you had this working on the same platform before, something must have happened to server side redirect configuration. On the other hand, this seems to be working for me on Windows 7 right now, so it is also possible that Windows 2008 returns something unexpected as OS name value.

As workaround you could try modifying the value of origin variable for [authority_stable.glassfish.org] in .org.opensolaris,pkg/cfg_cache file from http://pkg.glassfish.org/v3/stable/ to http://pkg.glassfish.org/v3/stable/windows/

HTH...

Snjezana