users@glassfish.java.net

Double GZIP compression problems.

From: Lachezar Dobrev <l.dobrev_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 15:39:07 +0200

  Dear colleagues.
  I've come to a very weird situation. In my application I am using a
GZIP compression filter, that supports compression for both requests
and responses. I've also set up compression on the Glassfish side in
the HTTP/JK connector. Unexpectedly for me Glassfish does not seem to
understand that the stream is already compressed, and compresses it
again.
  I am not familiar with Glassfish code, so I am not able to provide a
patch proposal.
  I propose that the component responsible for compressing the output
checks if the response contains the 'Content-Encoding' header, and
skip compression if the application has already provided
application-level content encoding.