users@glassfish.java.net

validate-multicast behavior

From: Thomas CATTY <tcatty_at_3rdwaveconsult.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2012 17:01:19 +0100

Hi Dream Team,

Hope youıre doing well ?
I just need a little explanation about this famous ³validate-multicast² that
make people write a lot ... ;-)

for example, I have 2 network adapters on each on my 2 different servers

eth0 : 46.X.X.18 (server1) and 46.X.X.19 (server2) plugged to a firewall
to get outside (reachable from outside on some specific ports)
eth1 : 192.X.X.18 (server1) and 192.X.X.19 (server2) plugged to an
internal subnet

I have 1 DAS , 2 SSH nodes and cluster with these nodes.

What I canı t explain today (Œcause I canıt make it work) is that :

a validate-multicast only works if I precise the ‹bindaddress 46.X.X.18
(resp. 46.X.X.19) on both machines.
else it doesnıt.
It doesnt work with any parameter : asadmin validate-muticast
nor when specifying the other NIC : asadmin validate-multicast --bindaddress
192.X.X.18 (resp. 192.X.X.19)

Iım sure that the internal net allows the multicast. That is driving me
insane...

my cluster seems to work but I want it to work correctly with those NICs.

thx in advance,

--
Thomas CATTY
06.75.67.24.71