users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GF 4 and Java EE 7 implementation (general roadmap)

From: Nigel Deakin <nigel.deakin_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2012 14:04:49 +0000

Antonio,

On 05/11/2012 12:37, Antonio Goncalves wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In Java EE 7 (early draft) it's mentioned that we can have access to a Default Data Source (spec EE.5.20) and a
> Default JMS Connection Factory (spec EE.5.21). So the following should work in GF 4.x but it doesn't :
>
> @Stateless
> public class ItemEJB {
>
> @Resource(lookup="*java:comp/DefaultDataSource*")
> DataSource myDS;
> }

Implementing the default data source is this issue
http://java.net/jira/browse/GLASSFISH-19187
which I see is still open

The default JMS connection factory is this issue
http://java.net/jira/browse/GLASSFISH-18899
and has been implemented (and is available in any recent build)

I'll leave others to answer your more general questions.

Nigel