users@glassfish.java.net

GF 4 and Java EE 7 implementation (general roadmap)

From: Antonio Goncalves <antonio.mailing_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 13:37:39 +0100

Hi all,

In Java EE 7 (early draft) it's mentioned that we can have access to a
Default Data Source (spec EE.5.20) and a Default JMS Connection Factory
(spec EE.5.21). So the following should work in GF 4.x but it doesn't :

@Stateless
public class ItemEJB {

    @Resource(lookup="*java:comp/DefaultDataSource*")
    DataSource myDS;
}

As a general question I would like to know how I could follow the roadmap
of GF 4 implementing Java EE 7. Is there a specific JIRA for EE 7 stuff ?
Can I create JIRAs if I need any EE 7 feature (such as the default DS for
example) ? Can I be a EE 7 beta tester ;o)

Antonio