users@glassfish.java.net

Re: NetBeans/Glassfish on Windows 7 Remote??

From: Kristian Rink <kr_at_zimmer428.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 21:03:13 +0100

Jerry;

Am Montag, 26. November 2012, 12:57:47 schrieb forums_at_java.net:
> Anyone running NetBeans 7.1.1 w/Glassfish 3.1.2 on Windows 7 Enterprise??
> Are you able to connect to any application run on Glassfish 3.1.2
> remotely?? Are you able to connect to the admin server (port 4848)
> remotely?? If so, did you have to customize your installation in any way to
> allow remote connections??

Could you by chance have your Windows 7 Firewall up and activated? I haven't
used any of these servers on a Windows platform in ages but, generally
speaking, this _seems_ the most likely reason at least to me. AFAIK, Glassfish
by default listens on all local interfaces so it shouldn't be an issue related
to Glassfish.

Cheers and good luck,
Kristian